Sunday, April 6, 2008

Insights About Myself Given this Blogging Experience



This blogging experience has given me several insights about myself. The first is that I have enjoyed focusing on a topic outside my usual realm and learning about it. This happened because of the nature of our blog group: a Physical Education major opened the door to this topic. It shows that people can always be open to learn no matter what their interests are. In school, we will expect our students to expand, and we must also expand. That is what blogging has helped me to do.

The second insight about myself I have gained from this blogging experience is that it takes effort to say something worthwhile. Opinions need to be backed up by meaningful sources to have real value. This requires searching and thinking things through and documenting-- activities which take time and attention to detail. I know this is a beneficial exercise, but it is not always easy to accomplish: it is easier just to state opinions.

The third insight I have gained is that there is so much to learn from other people. I am impressed by the posts of other bloggers in our class and those associated with our classmates. It is interesting to be part of such a diverse learning community. I think blogging helps me to be a more well-rounded person.

No comments:


www.ncsl.org/programs/health/perequirement.jpg